Friday, March 18, 2011

    A Mirror in God's Hand
    by Paula J. Fox 

    I want to be a mirror, Lord . . . A reflection of Your grace
               To shine Your light for all to see
                    In every darkened place

      I want to be transfigured Lord, so the image others see
                Will be closer to Your likeness
                 And the light You've given me

    I have no light source of my own . . . but when I look at You
                  The radiance of Your glory
                  Shines in all I say and do

  I could stand to use some polish . . . I've been cracked and broken too
                  But it's not myself that matters
                 It's the light that comes from You

     Though I have some imperfections, I'm still useful in Your sight
                    And in Your hand I know
                 That You will angle me just right

      So that when Your face shines on me, it reflects on others too
                And as it does, please use me, Lord
                    To LIGHT my world for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment