Monday, January 16, 2012

How strong am I?

Welcome back after the summer holidays in SA, may you be inspired in Christ this year and I want to thank you for your visit.  I appoligise for two automatic postings that didn't published towards the end of 2011.  May you have had a wonderful Christmas and New Year period and I trust that 2012 will be a year showered by blessing for you. 

Are you a strong person?  Does the word strong refer to the fact that I can pick up 10kg of groceries or does it refer to my soul/spirit?  The answer to this is quite simple, yes you are physically strong when you can pick up that amount of groceries but with regards to our spirit/soul we are not.  We are not able to do anything; in fact we can't do anything as it is the Holy Spirit of God that provides us with the strength to carry on.  Without God we amount to nothing, we will be dead. 
We are born physically alive but spiritually we are dead as a result of the consequences of the sin Adam and Eve committed in the Garden of Eden.  We become spiritually alive the moment we invite the Holy Spirit of God into our life.  It's not a feeling or a sign or anything else, it is a choice you make to invite and accept the Holy Spirit into your life and He resides inside you from that moment.

Nehemiah 8:10 b "... for the joy of the Lord is your strength."
Revelations 3:8 "I know thy works:  behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it:  for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name."

No comments:

Post a Comment